Friday, August 26, 2011

Deductibles / What's in a Name?

The first story since the Name change will be something that has just happened to me!

At the start of this year I had Health Insurance with a company called "Star-Mark" "Trust-Mark" and I had a $2000.00 deductible.  April 1, 2011 the company moved it's group coverage to United Health Care.  As I had met my $2000.00 deductible United Health Care gave me credit for it.  Then at the end of June 2011 the company I had worked for was no longer going to offer me Health Insurance so I contacted United Health Care. They told me about a Portability Policy I could get with one of there other companies Pacific Care.  Then I find out that Pacific Care which is owned by United Health Care would not give me credit for the $2000.00 deductible I had already paid.  Also come January 1, 2012 I would have yet another $2000.00 deductible.  

I did file a complaint with the DOI and I did get a standard response from United Health Care.  In short it was not a policy benefit to waive the deductible.  I will of course follow up with the DOI and continue my quest for "justice."  

Interestingly United Health Care went out of their way to let me know how fortunate I was that Pacific Care would even insure me with preexisting  conditions.

Thank you Pacific Care!

Jeff

DISCLAIMER:
All Blogs and Blog Posts written by, created by, edited by, reviewed by and published by the Owner, Editor or Designer, Jeff Weiss, Jeffrey M Weiss or Weiss, are just "opinions!  There is absolutely no "legal" bases or claimed legal bases for any of the statements.  These "Blogs" and "Stories" are posted only for the enlightenment of the readers.  When actual names are used the Reader should verify all the statements before formulating an opinion of their own. Nothing in any of these Posts should be considered "FACT" until the reader has verified it for themselves.  Those who Post a response or reply do it at their own peril and this Blog Post and its owners do not share in or carry any liability or responsibility for their comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment